Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Blues

I don't have any real reason to be blue today, yet somehow I am.  It happens from time to time - I've struggled with anxiety and depression for years, and though it's pretty well controlled with a low dose of medication, some days I just can't break out of the melancholy.

Fortunately we've had a pretty easy day.  We did school this morning, and this afternoon I'm taking the kids to their Catechesis of the Good Shepherd class.  I hope they don't need me to volunteer today, because I could really use a child-free hour to clear my head.

In the meantime, I will try to meditate on this prayer of St. Ignatius of Loyola:

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.


No comments:

Post a Comment