Thursday, April 5, 2012

CC - Week 24

Today was week 24 for our Classical Conversations group - if you're familiar with CC, you know that means this was our last week of the 2011-12 school year. It was bittersweet for me. I've learned so much about CC and educating my children classically throughout the year, and we've made some good friends - but we won't be with this same group in the fall since I'm starting my own group, so it's a little sad even though I'm excited about what the future will bring. It wasn't really goodbye today, as we'll see almost everyone at our end of the year picnic on Saturday afternoon, but it was still a little strange pulling out of the parking lot knowing I won't be back in that setting with those families again. I've been so nervous about the details of starting my new group that I hadn't really thought about what it would be like to leave this group behind. In my heart of hearts, I'm still a little afraid that I might not really get my group off the ground, and if that happens I'll just have to hope they have space for me in the fall. I truly believe it is God's will that I start this new community, and so I'll just keep praying for His blessing on my endeavors. And I'll never forget this first year of CC, and how much I've learned about implementing a classical model of education in my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment